…from public school labor strikes to Malibu wild land fires to improving the image of the hospice industry. She has the unique ability to make complex and confusing issues understandable to the average citizen.
- Don Parker, Former Fire Chief, Vallejo, CA
Crystal was an invaluable counselor and resource whenever it came to public statements and public relations.
- Dave Snyder, Partner, Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP San Diego, CA
Rockwood Communications Counsel gave us great insight and clarity in dealing with a very complex and difficult issue by assisting us with multi-dimensional communication strategies.
- Dick Williams, Elder, Personnel Committee Chair, Presbyterian church, Mission Viejo, CA
What do you say to the press? How should you tell your clients and colleagues that you’re about to be in the news? Rockwood Communications Counsel assists organizations seeking new, stronger relationships with the media or dealing with crisis PR situations.
Clients contact us for many reasons including:
A sensitive memo is leaked to the press and now staff is getting calls from reporters…
“What do we tell our employees and what should we say to our clients?”
A great new service or practice has been added and the word needs to get out…
“Who should we approach to get publicity? How can we become sources to the media to raise our profile?”
A competitor is opening an office near us in the next few months…
“How do we secure and enhance our reputation in this community?”
A lawsuit is filed; opposing counsel aggressively plays in the court of public opinion…
“What is the best strategy for us?” How do we keep our reputation in tact?” “Can we get off page one?”
A Marketing/PR position is vacant…
“We need to announce a new initiative; can you provide temporary PR help to our junior staff?”
Publicity, Media Training, Crisis Communications:
- Assistance with PR strategies and publicity inquiries
- Preparation of external and internal talking points and statements
- Development of company executives or staff as go-to sources for the media
- Coaching for media interviews, editorial roundtables, press conferences, etc.
- Assistance with media crisis issues
- Training for executives/management and front-line staff in Media Relations
- Training for spokesperson development
For Media, Marketing and Business Etiquette Training, see Training